• Scale-up worker visa
    Scale-up worker visa
    Mahla Nikbakht
    Mahla Nikbakht

  • Are you very expert in your work? Have you ever had a big impact on the growth of the companies you worked with? Do you have the ability to make big changes and develop businesses according to your vision, expertise, and experience?

    If your answer to the above questions is yes, you are suitable for the UK Scale-up Visa.

    Companies that are making significant progress in the UK can hire people who will help their business grow further.

    In this visa, both the hiring company and the person they want to hire must have special conditions that you are reading this article.

    Characteristics of an eligible business:

    A qualified business, which is also called a Scale-up Business, must:

    1. Have been endorsed by an approved body, also known as an endorsing body.
    2. Have at least 20% growth in the last three years; this growth can be in the number of employees or the income of a company.
    3. To have at least 10 employees in the first year of these three years.

    Conditions that you must have to obtain this visa:

    • Get a job offer from a British employer.

    Important note: Make sure that the employer from whom you receive a job offer is eligible to issue a job offer by the Home Office. The employer's business must be reviewed by an approving body and approved as a Scale-up business.

    • The job offered to you must be among the list of eligible jobs on the gov.uk.com website


    Your salary must have one of the following conditions:

    Highest out of the following 2 options:

    £34,600 per year

    the 'going rate' for the type of work you'll be doing

    English language requirements:

    You need English language level B1 to obtain this visa, and you must prove your ability with a valid document, such as the result of the IELTS test.

    Financial requirements:

    To meet the financial requirement, maintain a minimum of £1,270 in your bank account for at least 28 days prior to application. Ensure compliance with this stipulation. Alternatively, if your employer is willing to cover initial costs, confirm their ability to provide requisite financial support. If you have dependents, note that they also must demonstrate financial self-sufficiency in the UK:

    • £285 for your partner
    • £315 for one child
    • £200 for each additional child


    Staying time:

    Your visa will be issued for the first time for 2 years; after that, if you are still eligible, you can extend your visa for 3 years as many times as you want.

    A successful application includes all of the following materials:

    1. have a Sponsorship certificate reference number
    2. Proof of mastery of the job in which you intend to work
    3. English language certificate that proves your level is at least B1
    4. salary requirements
    5. Work record documents related to the job you are applying for
    6. Job number, sponsor's license number, and employer's name

    Condition 6: All information provided about the employer must be in accordance with the sponsorship certificate.


    After reviewing the conditions required to receive a scale-up visa, we will tell you other things that may be useful for you.

    For example, about dependents:

    You can bring your spouse and dependent children with you to Britain. Note that they must be eligible for an accompanying visa; apply for a visa for them as well, and you must provide legal documents to prove your relationship with these people.


    After receiving your visa, you should know enough about the rules related to your visa and what you can do with this visa.

    In the UK, you can:

    Work for at least six months in the job for which you applied and received a certificate of sponsorship. And after six months, you can get another job without needing any permission.

    Do volunteer work and even become self-employed.

    Travel abroad and return during your stay in the UK

    After living in the UK for 5 years, apply for permanent residency:

    Also, your spouse and children can study during their stay in the UK.

    But you can't:

    Apply for public benefits or pensions

    Work as a sportsperson like a sports coach.


    Important points: In the first six months of your stay in England, you must work in the job you requested; if you need to change your job in the first six months, you must get a new Sponsorship Certificate, and you cannot change your job or stop it without informing the home office of the UK.

    After six months, you can stay in your job or change your job without needing to update your visa and renew your visa; if you meet the income requirements, you no longer need a new sponsor.

    How can a VISAI help you? Share your work experience and expertise by answering the questions of our artificial intelligence VISAI questionnaire and enjoy the result.

    VISAI artificial intelligence, like a personal advisor, checks your chances in the visa you are considering and even suggests visas where you have more chances. 

    This is not the whole story; VISAI accompanies you by introducing the best immigration lawyers for your requested visa.



    Copyright © VisAI 2023. All Rights Reserved